Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Great Weekend...

I had a pretty great weekend. I am reminded that despite my struggles, my disappointment, and my frustration--I still have a life to live. I feel like sometimes I become so consumed with TTC and grieving for the loss that I am missing out on life.

I had a really great weekend. Friday night I went to bed early(as a first grade teacher I am super-exhausted on Friday nights and it is nearly impossible for me to stay up past 9). Saturday night my friend S and I (who not only worked together in college, but also shared an apartment with) went to a Brad Paisley concert. We had so much fun. Just us two girls. It was so nice to get out and have fun. I didn't get home until 2!!! I can't even begin to tell you the last time I stayed out so late!

The hubby and I also discussed other plans. Because our insurance covers no IF costs, our finances are more strained. It is really quite frustrating. However, my hubby and I decided that we are going to plan to go on a cruise for our anniversary in November. It is still a long time away, so we will have something to look forward to. I think what we concluded is that this is a very stressful and difficult time in our lives. Come what may, we don't want to look back years from now and not have any or few positive memories. Life is happening all around us, and I don't feel like we are a part of it anymore.

So, this is it for now. We are trying to get back in the game of Life. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

  1. Hi ,

    Love your post !

    I also tend to get so into TTC and IF so I forget to enjoy LIFE !

    I also love to have something fun to look forward too .
    A cruise sounds like fun and a nice adventure .
    And this is something you can do even if you are pregnant.
    I try to work towards enjoying my life while waiting to become a parent because it is true what I have read on the Resolve -website , that your relationship with your partner is very important because even if you become parents then the child will eventually grow up and move out after 20 years but you and your husband will continue as a couple much longer after that hopefully so you have to enjoy your life as a couple and do things that you enjoy together .
    I totally agree with this but sometimes I tend to get obsessed with TTC and I want it to happen NOW .I know that here I am NOT in control and a higher power is in control but sometimes it is SO HARD for me to accept this .
    I know I would feel much better if I could accept it to 100 % straight away , but it doesnt come so easy ....
    I wish I was better at " letting it go " and just give all my worries to GOD but I will keep trying .

    PS I admire you for making the efforts you do to improve your health and I am very positive that you will be rewarded in the future.
    ITs good that you went to a RE to check out if there is a reason that stops you from getting pregnant as it would be a waist of time just to wait without checking your health .But now you know there is no major problem ,and your RE gave you advice about loosing weight and thats something that you can do even if its not easy .
    I think now you can " relax " ; ) ( I write this with a smile as I hate that word , but what I want to say is that you have done the right thing now and can give TTC some more time knowing there is no major problem )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely recommend the cruise...we did it last September and are planning another one hopefully this Sept! It is an awesome way to vacation!!! Also, I believe November is still considered the "hurricane season", which is totally awesome because the prices are SO CHEAP!!!
    In Sept, it was the very beginning of hurricane season...we almost missed one port, but wound up making it! It is so nice to know that they have no desire to send their billion dollar vessel into a hurricane, so no worries there, and if you do miss a port, the boat itself is SO MUCH FUN!!! What cruise line have you looked at???
    GOOD LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I have never been on a cruise. This will be such a fun thing to plan and look forward to.

    My insurance does not cover IF as well. Very sucky. That is why we have only tried naturally the last 6 months or so, because $2000 in bills racked up in just one month. Yuck. I feel your pain.

    I would just commenting on another's blog about positivity. It is so difficult to focus on the good when the bad keeps popping up and letting us down. Surround yourself with uplifing and inspiring people and things that make you happy. Dream. Believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cruise sounds amazing! I'm so sorry about the insurance. It so frustrating. You have an amazing attitude-thank you for your comments on my blog-I do appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete