Friday, February 4, 2011

Freezing Over Here!

Hello all! It is so cold here in South Louisiana. I did not have to work yesterday or today because of the potential of icy roads. We southern folks aren't used to driving on ice:) So, I have been home catching up on the DVR and watching TV. During football season, I don't have time to catch up on the weekends.

I find myself in a much, much better place. I do feel HOPE. I pray for the blessings I long to have. All I can do is pray.

The weight loss journey is still going well. Each week I have a loss. Some weeks a bigger loss than others, but I'll take it! I feel like I might be in control of at least one aspect of my life:)

I just feel better. I feel more at peace. I am so thankful to God for that. I appreciate all of your kind thoughts and words. It helps me more than you know.

My friend whose baby shower I helped with was enduced last night. I haven't heard any news yet today. She is having her baby right around the corner from my house. I don't know yet if I will be able to go to the hospital and visit. I haven't held a newborn since my loss, and I don't know if I'll be able to. I am not going to force it. I may wait a bit and go visit when they are at home. Then if I have a breakdown, maybe there won't be as many people there to witness it:)

I pray that you are all doing well and keeping warm in this insane weather.

6 comments:

  1. Hello sweet friend,

    So happy that you are finding peace again, as this journey can take you through many storms. However, with FAITH, PRAYER and PERSEVERANCE all things are possible! Just continue to believe ;)

    As for going to visit your friend in the hospital, I might give myself a pass on that one. Be selish and relish this good place that you are in. Give her a call when she gets home and stop by when you are ready. As you say, don't force it, because when we do we pay for it emotionally.

    Kudos to you for the continued weight loss! Fabulous!

    Have a good weekend and stay warm.

    Many Hugs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you are feeling better ;o)
    Stay warm , Sending you lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very glad to see you are in a much better place. Healing takes time. Just remember that you are stronger than you think you are. Just keep persevering.

    Congratulations for the weight loss. Way to go! I am in a journey myself and it can get so difficult at times, especially when you don't lose as much (or any) as you'd like. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand how hard it can be just after a loss... I really do. I had to figure out how to be brave for my best friend too. Below my story... It might not be right for you, but it worked for us. We are all different, and I'm sure you'll find your path through this huge maze of grief and friendship.

    My friend had a miscarriage while I was PG with my son (my 1st child), but she still threw my baby shower - she's SuperWoman, huh?

    So, when she delivered twins just 1 month after I lost my daughter (my 2nd child) at 15 wks gestation. It was hard, and I thought it would be impossible to go to the hospital. I found it easier when I realized I was able to bond with her babies as their "aunt". I made peace with it, and I gave some much-needed support to my friend.

    You may think it was eaiser since I had my son to comfort me, but you would be wrong. I STILL cry over my lost little girl. It crushed me.

    I looked at it like this... Support is a 2-way street and I wanted her to be there for me during my greif and also when it was my turn to try again.

    I didn't pull away from my friend, and when I had my daughter (third child) in Oct of this year she was right there, being my friend, loving and supporting me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ann. I found your blog thanks to Andrea so I hope you don't mind having a new follower. I look forward to getting to know you in upcoming posts. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ,


    Im proud of you for your continuos effort to loose weight , I know its NOT EASY .

    When it comes to your friend do what you heart tells you .
    I just want to tell you that I couldnt visit one of my friends in the hospital and still havent visited her and the new baby.
    I know I have to but I fear it as I dont want to be " sad for me " and I know this will be a trigger .I feel bad about it but right now I just cant go there .

    How intersting that you get a day of when it snows ; ) it makes me smile because we have so much snow here and I drive to work every day in the snow but of course we are so used to it and have tires with studs. I wish that I lived in a warmer climate thoug and that snow would be the exception not the rule during the winter ; )

    ReplyDelete