Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sooner than I thought...

Well, it looks like I will be meeting my baby girl a little sooner than I expected.  I went for my weekly doctor's visit on Tuesday (Valentine's Day).  I am dilated 2 and a half cm now (up just a little from last week).  Everything looks really good.  The only concern Dr. P  has is the size of my baby girl.  He said that I have a "good sized baby" in there, and it would be best  not to let her get too much bigger.  He didn't give me an estimation on her weight or anything like that.  I am thankful for that because I think any type of  number may have terrified me.  Anyway, we are scheduled to induce labor this Thursday, February 23 if Charlotte has not arrived on her own before then. 

I have so many mixed emotions.   I am so ready to meet her!  I have waited so much longer than 9 months to have this baby!  However, it seems unreal how quickly everything is happening.  She will only be 12 days early, and the doctor assures me this is not too early to deliver.  Part of me is nervous about the delivery aspect as well.  So many labor horror stories float around.  However, no matter what, she will be so worth it. 

My plan of action is to focus on the excitement of meeting her and holding her.  I will use this to get me  through whatever may come.  Please say a prayer for our upcoming delivery!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Ann I am so very excited for you. No things aren't going as planned but what pregnancy does ;O) I'm thinking of you and wishing you and baby girl a smooth safe delivery. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?!? Oh my! So, if my calculations are correct, she has already joined us in this world?!? Congrats! Praying all is well.

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete