Tuesday, February 7, 2012

36 Weeks....Still in Awe!

So, I just got home from my 36 week appointment.  First of all, let me say that I still have a hard time believing I am really 36 weeks pregnant.  I am so thankful for this baby.  I dreamed of this for so long.  It's surreal.

I had my baby shower in the middle of January.  It was awesome!  I  was never really sure I would get the opportunity to have one.  I got so many cool presents.  Even more important than presents, I left my shower with such a feeling of love.  I felt loved and I felt the love everyone has for Charlotte.  I am so in love with her, and I can't wait to  meet  her.

My visit to the doctor today made this pregnancy even more real.  I am dilated 2 cm and the doctor said she is quite low.   It is so exciting to know that I am progressing.  For so long I was frustrated with my body because it didn't seem to do anything is was supposed to!  Finally, I feel like my body might not be so broken after all.  It's taken me so far. 

I thought I would be more concerned/nervous/scared about the labor & delivery.  I really feel peace about it all.  I know it won't be comfortable(duh!), but it will be so worth it.  I've been waiting so much longer than nine months to meet this sweet baby.  I dream of her sweet face very often!  I can't wait to meet her!




5 comments:

  1. Dreaming with you!!!!! :) cant wait!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you- you are getting very close! Praying all goes smoothly for you and your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann! I can't believe you are 36wks! Time is moving isn't it! I didn't realize i'm only nine weeks behind you ;O) I am glad that your appointment went well and that you are making progress, I am so very excited for you! I hope you have a nice smooth labor. Can't wait to hear you are holding that sweet girl in your arms. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    So happy for you !
    I too felt it hard to believe when I was pregnant , I still feel it hard to believe that out little boy is with us , I still sometimes wonder is it a dream ?
    But no, its real .
    I wish you a normal delivery , its great that you feel calm about it , thats the way to go .
    You can always ask for an epidural if it gets too hard .
    To deliver a baby is not always so glamorous and you might feel that your body is very sore after but it is all so much worth it !
    You and little Charlotte ( love the name ) will be in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay yay yay on 36 weeks! She is going to be here so soon. You are going to be the best mommy. And she is going to be adorable, so we expect pictures. :)

    X, Jessica

    ReplyDelete