Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My First OB Visit

Yesterday I went to my first OB visit. I must confess...I didn't sleep well the night before. I was very anxious. I am just so terrified this will all disappear in the blink of an eye. I think I've been doing well with pushing scary thoughts out of my head. However, when a doctor's visit is looming, I completely freak out. I think it just reminds me that this is real. I think it reminds me that this could go away at any moment. I didn't say I was right for thinking those things, but I feel them anyway.

My visit went extremely well. Dr. P did an ultrasound to make sure we are progressing. It was amazing. My last ultrasound was at 7w0d and our baby just looked like a dot. This time at 11w1d our baby actually looked like a baby:) Our sweet baby had a strong and steady heartbeat, and was waving that little are at us. I can't remember the exact number of beats per minute because I was just so stinking relieved that our baby was okay. Although I am 11w1d, the baby was measuring 10w5d which is fine because I know I ovulated late. This doesn't concern me at all.

The staff at Dr. P's office was amazing. They really babied me and took good care of me. I was honest and told them I was anxious, and I they were very reassuring. They said that I have the right to feel anxious. It's all part of human nature.

Dr. P decided to keep me on progesterone for 2 more weeks just to be safe. I'm fine with that too!

So, I am so thankful that everything is okay. I had a very good night's sleep last night. I cried all the way to work this morning because I am just so happy and thankful.

God is so good! I am praying that everything continues to go well. Thank you to the few of you that follow this blog. I appreciate your support. For those of you still TTC, please don't give up. Great things are possible....this I know for sure!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Are you planning on finding out the sex of the baby?? This is all so exciting and hopefully you have some much needed assurance that your dream come true is coming true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann !

    I am so happy for you ! Its so wonderful to see that little baby on the monitor and bring home the printouts to look at your little one at home .
    I keep praying for you .
    I know its so hard not to worry but try to think that every pregnancy is different and that this baby deserves to be grown in joy and happiness not in worries and fear .
    I am learning this lesson every day as I keep trying to not let the past affect my future and this babys future and present too much but I totally agree its not easy and I haven yet at w 27 bought any larger items for the baby neither have we decorated the nursery .
    I am looking at baby stuff online and making plans for what to buy.TRying to prepare myself mentally for the next step = buing and decorating
    Sending you big hugs - Angie

    ReplyDelete