Monday, September 6, 2010

My reflections from the weekend...

This weekend was a bit strange for me. First of all, I got out of the house and did a lot more this weekend than I have in a long time. My hometown has a big festival Labor Day weekend, and it was fun to listen to great music and enjoy a fun atmosphere(not to mention fair food...I LOVE fair food!) So needless to say, I fell off the diet bandwagon this weekend, but I did continue my exercise routine, and I also got additional excercise walking around the fair grounds. It was nice for the most part. It was relaxing.

This is where I just feel strange even admitting it. My emotions were everywhere this weekend. I was happy one minute, then someone with a stroller would pass by, and I sadness would overwhelm me for a bit. It was like that ALL weekend long. I guess it's the lasting side effects of Clomid or that AF should be arriving around the upcoming weekend. It could also be that I try very hard to avoid things that might make me sad. I just don't like the ups and downs changing so quickly. It makes me feel strange and unstable.

Church on Sunday was amazing, and I really got a lot from it. They played one of my favorite songs, and it stuck with me the last couple of days.

I know that there are a lot of ramblings today, but sometimes that is just how I work. All in all, it was an okay weekend. I am thankful for the additional day off. I am just trying to gear myself up for the upcoming week. I hope it's a good one. If nothing else, at least it's a little shorter. I hope everyone had an amazing Labor Day weekend that brought them lots of joy and laughter!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sweet Friend,

    So happy that you had a nice weekend. I know all too well those feelings that creep up on you when you are trying to have an enjoyable time, but are constantly reminded of what you long for the most. Once I had the bright idea to take my little nephew to the zoo and boy was that difficult. I somehow forgot that a zoo was a childs play ground! What was I thinking? I wasn't, I was just going about life as normal, but what a challenging day.

    You are normal sweet friend and these situations can sting in the worst ways. However, I have LOTS of confidence in your future! And I believe your blessing is just around the corner. Just continue to cling to FAITH and never lose sight of HOPE.

    Praying for you always,
    Andrea
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to a fair sounds like fun (take out the babies though)! It has been a long time since I've been to a fair- Minnesota state fair is always my fave. So much to see.

    That is great when you go to a church service and it just convicts/impacts you. Singing worship is my favorite part of the service. I especially love contemporary Christian music!

    -Jess
    http://bringingyoumorethanasong.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete