Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Taking Big Steps



Today has been a very busy and productive day that has been filled with many emotions. I have been waiting for AF to arrive this week so I could call the doctor and see what comes next because I finished my final round of Clomid. Well, AF arrived today, and I called my doc. I spoke with his nurse, and she said the next step would be to refer me to an RE. The only reason I haven't reached out to an RE yet is mainly because of fear. I know my insurance does not cover much of anything, and I am afraid everything will just be too expensive for us to even begin to get anywhere.

Anyway, the big appointment is Dec. 13 unless there is a cancellation. I am excited and disappointed all at the same time. I am excited because I might find some answers. I am disappointed because my body has failed and led me to this point. I am also scared. What if all I learn is that none of the options will be possible for me because it costs way too much money? I also realize that I need to stop worrying about about the "what if's" and leave it in God's hands. I pray for peace these next couple of months.

Sorry this post is kind of all over the place, but that's how I'm feeling today. Hope everyone is well!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ann,
    I recently began seeing an RE and had the exact same concerns. I know we are different people, but I was surprised at the things they can do at a much lower cost than expected. IVF is not the only option! Some doctors give discounts if you are self pay (definitely something to ask). I would say don't be discouraged, but I know that is hard sometimes. Know that there are people, like me:), who don't know you, but are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. December gives you time to get your questions together, but it also leaves time to think too much, which is hard. Sending you hugs and lots of love, please let us know if you need ANY help whatsoever, and keep writing!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete