Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Story...

Thought it might be a good idea to give a little information about me. My husband and I got married in November of 2008(such a blessed day). It was a bittersweet day because my grandmother passed away eight days before our wedding. Her funeral was on Tuesday, and we got married on Saturday. It really hurt to lose her, but I felt in my heart that she was looking over us on our special day. My hubby and I decided that we wanted to start trying to start our family immediately. To both of our surprises, we conceived on our honeymoon. We were so excited that we would be welcoming a baby in August! However, that was not in God's plan for us. Our sweet baby went to heaven on January 18, 2009 after only being in me for 9 short weeks. I miss our baby so very much and 2009 was a very difficult year for us. We've been trying to conceive again since March 2009, but we have not been successful yet. My doctor wanted us to attempt to conceive on our own for a year before we proceeded with any other steps. So, in January 2010 I went back to see what comes next. After blood work, and SA for my hubby(all of which came back normal), I began taking Clomid in March. I have 2 months left of Clomid after this month, then I will go back to the doctor to see what comes next. We are full of hope and faith that good things are going to happen. I know that there are still plenty of options out there for us to pursue. I am looking forward to see what God has in store for us next. I created this blog to share the many emotions I am going through on this journey. It is a comforting feeling to know that others support you and that I am not alone, so I welcome feedback and advice, especially from those who understand what I'm going through.

5 comments:

  1. Sweetest Ann,

    I am SO honored to be your first Follower on your blog :) Although we have traveled roads full of potholes I feel very confident in our futures. One must do two things to ensure the journey is fullfilled, travel with good friends and always keep the FAITH. The later is the hardest rule to follow, but the one that is totally necessary for survival :)

    Holding your hand as we continue to walk this road...as I know success is coming our way!

    Much love,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you love on your journey. Know that i will be here with love and support and whatever information or guidance i have to offer you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ,


    Andrea told me about your blog.
    I just wanted to say hello and welcome .
    For me blogging has been very helpful towards healing after our miscarriage in May -2009.
    To suffer a miscarriage is one of the worst things that has happened in my life but I was blessed to find wonderful friends to help me to cope with it and I thank God for that every day as without them this road would have been so much harder.
    Our journey to get pregnant again wasnt straight forward ,a semen test showed that hubby has high DNA defragmentation and we were recomended IVF /ICSI .However we went for a second opinion and the other doctor thought it was worth to try for a few months without IVF . we had to work hard - Hubby went on detox for 2 months ( no alcohol and less sugar and junkfood + more fruit and veg) I got into exercising again and started to train for a 10 K run and signed up with a gym again.
    After two months and a cycle with 50 mg of Clomid it worked .Alltogether it took us 9 months after we started to try again to get a plus sign.And one year and one month counting from the miscarriage.
    Im only 7 weeks pregnant yet and I still cant believe its true and dont make up any dreams and plans yet as Im afraid of another loss .
    I just live day by day and hope for the best .
    I have only told my brother and sister and two friends and also my inlaws but I told them only because I had to explain why I wouldnt visit them as a visit would involve flying and I didnt want to fly during the first trimester.

    Its nice that you started a blog and do write down what you feel and go through cause this road is so hard to walk but when you have friends that understand and support you it makes it easier and when you loose hope for a while you get it back again with the help of your friends .
    I wish you luck on your journey .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Welcome to the blogging world and thanks for sharing your story! I love meeting new people on here and learning from them, as well as sharing my own story. I will be following you and pray that you will have little baby soon. Please feel free to follow me to!

    http://jesstryingtoconceive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Coming over from Sweet Andrea's blog! Blogging has been SUCH a blessing to me in our journey of grief! I hope you find the same comfort and kindness that I have found! It truly is a community of love! I hope your get your big fat positive soon!! Lots of luck!

    http://www.peacebegan.com

    ReplyDelete